Relationship problems

Ditto. Which I am a master of now.

I keep everyone at a distance, except that I never felt I could stay single. Now I'm having so many relationship problems that I think being single would be easier. If only I had figured this out sooner. I have other diagnoses besides TN, and it's too much to handle a relationship on top of that.

However if I were single again in the future, I would probably make the mistake of getting in a relationship again. I hope I wouldn't, but I've already done it so many times.

The worst for me is that I never know when a friend or boyfriend will be supportive or not. They start to think I'm to blame somehow.

Hi all, my heart goes out to all of you! Praying all ofyou get some healthy support from wherever source that might be. I am single at present, and actually I am very thankful for that at this point with my pain. I know that I am not “relationship material” right now, and would have difficulty giving any energy to a close relationship, so do not think it would be fair to someone.

In the past, I was in a fairly unhealthy relationship when I was going through other non TN medical issues, and I learned to not expect anything from that person.

I am blessed with very compassionate friends family and coworkers. Some of them do get it more than others however. I try to explain the condition the best I can, and then try to not worry about what they think. Some of my close friends and coworkers have witnessed some bad attacks. I feel for them at times when they say something like, “I wish there was something I could do to help you” . I understand it is very hard to watch somebody in pain, and feel totally helpless with the situation. To Nicole, hoping and praying your paralysis goes away. Please keep us posted. Please know many here care very much how you are doing! We are pulling for you with your recovery from the surgery. Take care!

Thank you so much Kathy and everyone, I appreciate your kind words and look forward to posts here. It has been about 27 days since my surgery June 10, 2015. I started out totally numb on the whole right side of my head, right blurred vision, hearing okay, tongue, throat, lips numb. Vertigo and dizziness, weak overall. As of now the right vision is no longer blurry, hearing still fine, vertigo and dizziness has decreased a little, and I have some feeling back in the lower part of my cheek and jaw. I still have a great deal of numbness so that has decreased about ten percent. Going downstairs to the kitchen to get meds and milk and returning to my room is exhausting. I need help with my shower. The stitches are out and I am healing fine. Pain meds: 1 Excedrine Migraine and 1/2 a muscle relaxer (Its Robaxin 750 and I take half). Good stuff and the neurosurgeon prescribed plenty and I am on my first refill. I take this medication combo a few times a day as needed. No other meds. It's frustrating because I can't taste on that side of the tongue and can't feel my childs lips when I kiss her unless I kiss her on the left side of my mouth. I don't feel stable, you know dizzy and not at all confident about traveling outside of the house yet. Thanks again to all! Nicole in VT ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■