Pgh treatment

i am considering the surgery i did see one surgeon but did not care for him so i am to see another next month. here in pgh they claim to have around 200 for G.N. so i will investigate and spread the information from the visit… also on another note i seem to notice most people are on tegratol. i am on triliptal with no relief just added neurotin two weeks ago but the side effects are brutal… any suggestions?

They’ve done 200?! Wow, I’m surprised, is it the MVD? Could it be that they’ve done the procedure on 200 neuralgia patients without making the definition between the reason for the op? Or am I just an auld cynic?! ( I probably am, it just sounds too good to be true!)

please let us know how you get on with that. I am taking tegretol yes, and it’s been a God send, triliptal’s much the same med really though, just with fewer side effects, isn’t it, what dose are you taking? Neurontin, I won’t make any suggestions other than to say my experience of it wasn’t good, and it ended up giving me facial pain, which was ironic, given I was taking it for neuralgia, but there were a lot of side effects, and side effects I don’t think I could tollerate now, knowing what I do now, I’m sorry I can’t offer more advice on this. Maybe worth going back to the doc and looking at the meds again?

Much love

Gracie x x x

what surgeon did you see? i know there is a group at allegheny general that learned supposedly from dr janetta. i didnt know anyone else did the surgery and i didnt know many other doctors around here knew about GN lol wish i knew where they were all hiding!



Chrisa Alberts said:
what surgeon did you see? i know there is a group at allegheny general that learned supposedly from dr janetta. i didnt know anyone else did the surgery and i didnt know many other doctors around here knew about GN lol wish i knew where they were all hiding!

gardner and horowitz upmc presby both supposidly studied with janetta
\

Hi there. I’m new to the board (not GPN). I was curious what you mean by PGH treatment?
As for Trileptal, it’s interesting how everyone’s condition responds differently to each medication. For me the trileptal has worked great so I’m sorry to hear it hasn’t produced results for you. I found it took close to 4 weeks to kick in. I have experience working with people with epilepsy so I do know that all the neuroleptic medications are all about achieving a consistent and therapeutic blood level over a number of weeks. I also had good results with Lyrica a few years back. Don’t know if you’ve already been that route.
Hope you get some relief soon
Ron



Ron K said:
Hi there. I'm new to the board (not GPN). I was curious what you mean by PGH treatment?
As for Trileptal, it's interesting how everyone's condition responds differently to each medication. For me the trileptal has worked great so I'm sorry to hear it hasn't produced results for you. I found it took close to 4 weeks to kick in. I have experience working with people with epilepsy so I do know that all the neuroleptic medications are all about achieving a consistent and therapeutic blood level over a number of weeks. I also had good results with Lyrica a few years back. Don't know if you've already been that route.
Hope you get some relief soon
thanks no have not yet found a coctail of meds that help yet..... feeel like a helpless drunk zombie that had to go back to a work as an icu nurse. cut all meds in half and hoping for the best Ron

Kathleen, can’t you go on disability benefits?



kathleencord said:


Ron K said:
Hi there. I'm new to the board (not GPN). I was curious what you mean by PGH treatment?
As for Trileptal, it's interesting how everyone's condition responds differently to each medication. For me the trileptal has worked great so I'm sorry to hear it hasn't produced results for you. I found it took close to 4 weeks to kick in. I have experience working with people with epilepsy so I do know that all the neuroleptic medications are all about achieving a consistent and therapeutic blood level over a number of weeks. I also had good results with Lyrica a few years back. Don't know if you've already been that route.
Hope you get some relief soon
thanks no have not yet found a coctail of meds that help yet..... feeel like a helpless drunk zombie that had to go back to a work as an icu nurse. cut all meds in half and hoping for the best
Ron


Ron K said:
Kathleen, can't you go on disability benefits?



kathleencord said:


Ron K said:
Hi there. I'm new to the board (not GPN). I was curious what you mean by PGH treatment?
As for Trileptal, it's interesting how everyone's condition responds differently to each medication. For me the trileptal has worked great so I'm sorry to hear it hasn't produced results for you. I found it took close to 4 weeks to kick in. I have experience working with people with epilepsy so I do know that all the neuroleptic medications are all about achieving a consistent and therapeutic blood level over a number of weeks. I also had good results with Lyrica a few years back. Don't know if you've already been that route.
Hope you get some relief soon
thanks no have not yet found a coctail of meds that help yet..... feeel like a helpless drunk zombie that had to go back to a work as an icu nurse. cut all meds in half and hoping for the best
Ron

pretty difficult to get a doctor to help you with GPN and then to get you able to get disability. she means PGH as in pittsburgh, pa. they do GPN surgery here

So sorry to hear that Kathleen. I’ve worked through a lot of my GPN but there were a few times where I don’t know how I could have continued to keep working and didn’t have enough sick time to cover the duration it took for my symptoms to subside.
Ron



Chrisa Alberts said:


Ron K said:
Kathleen, can't you go on disability benefits?



kathleencord said:


Ron K said:
Hi there. I'm new to the board (not GPN). I was curious what you mean by PGH treatment?
As for Trileptal, it's interesting how everyone's condition responds differently to each medication. For me the trileptal has worked great so I'm sorry to hear it hasn't produced results for you. I found it took close to 4 weeks to kick in. I have experience working with people with epilepsy so I do know that all the neuroleptic medications are all about achieving a consistent and therapeutic blood level over a number of weeks. I also had good results with Lyrica a few years back. Don't know if you've already been that route.
Hope you get some relief soon
thanks no have not yet found a coctail of meds that help yet..... feeel like a helpless drunk zombie that had to go back to a work as an icu nurse. cut all meds in half and hoping for the best
Ron


pretty difficult to get a doctor to help you with GPN and then to get you able to get disability. she means PGH as in pittsburgh, pa. they do GPN surgery here

Oh, the 200 was Styloidectomies but it seems like they do high numbers of MVD’s and nerve severing in India. I don’t think they worry about hard research. They just figure “I’ve got 5 minutes, I’ll just hit him with my hammer, grab the Black and Decker drill and my tin snips and we’ll have him back to work at the call center by noon.”




Grace Mackay said:

They’ve done 200?! Wow, I’m surprised, is it the MVD? Could it be that they’ve done the procedure on 200 neuralgia patients without making the definition between the reason for the op? Or am I just an auld cynic?! ( I probably am, it just sounds too good to be true!)

please let us know how you get on with that. I am taking tegretol yes, and it’s been a God send, triliptal’s much the same med really though, just with fewer side effects, isn’t it, what dose are you taking? Neurontin, I won’t make any suggestions other than to say my experience of it wasn’t good, and it ended up giving me facial pain, which was ironic, given I was taking it for neuralgia, but there were a lot of side effects, and side effects I don’t think I could tollerate now, knowing what I do now, I’m sorry I can’t offer more advice on this. Maybe worth going back to the doc and looking at the meds again?

Much love

Gracie x x x