Pain in the soft palate

I have had GN pain/discomfort in my tongue, eyes, ears, and throat. It comes and goes. Tolerable. Now

I have it in my soft palate, top of my mouth, in the back. Anyone have it there?

Thanks!

Soft palate, top of mouth, back of throat, tongue - Yes. Even up into base of sinus cavity. That was and is again with GPN. Currently I’m having loss of periphery vision prior to and during an episode. Boy that has thrown them for a loop!
Do you just have pain/discomfort in your eyes or is your vision affected?

hmschmom said:

Soft palate, top of mouth, back of throat, tongue - Yes. Even up into base of sinus cavity. That was and is again with GPN. Currently I'm having loss of periphery vision prior to and during an episode. Boy that has thrown them for a loop!
Do you just have pain/discomfort in your eyes or is your vision affected?

I have undiagnosed MS, bilateral TN and GN. I have had the TN,Gn for about 20 years, maintained with Gabapentin as needed. It is in my : eyes, ears, tongue, throat, gums, teeth, and now.....ta dah, soft palate. My vision is affected sometimes with the undiagnosed MS. But then it goes away. Where or did you find data on peripheral vision loss? There is not much out there on this and..................nothing I can find on what course it takes. Mostly I get a feeling of a pin dragged around my tongue, palate, when it starts to feel like electrical or pounding I take the medication. Put your nails on your cheek bone and push, feels like that. Do you have that?

FUNTSIE what do you mean by " undiagnosed MS"? Did you conclude you had it ? Did the Neurologist say you had it inspite of a normal MRI ? I have had MANY signs compatible with MS ( a leg that just stopped 'working ' one day and would not move ) but the Neurologist says the MRI is the gold standard now and if there are no MS lesions one does not have MS …..

I have pain in those locations as well as my ear, eye and mandible .

Former Medica said:

I have pain in those locations as well as my ear, eye and mandible .

Right, the MRI is the "Gold Standard". Many people choose not to have it, choose not to have the treatment/medications. Especially with relapse/remitting.....it comes and it goes. I have TN also, hides in my teeth. Remember the old saying before the drugs "go home and live with it". Sorry Former Medica that you have the pain in your mandible, ear and eye. I have it there too. I did not realize it went to the soft palate, but I guess GN does. I am lucky Gabapentin helps me when it is more than bothersome. Are you on meds Former Medica? Can you eat?

Funtsie said:

Where or did you find data on peripheral vision loss? There is not much out there on this and..................nothing I can find on what course it takes. Mostly I get a feeling of a pin dragged around my tongue, palate, when it starts to feel like electrical or pounding I take the medication. Put your nails on your cheek bone and push, feels like that. Do you have that?

It was not specific to peripheral vision, just that vision could be affected in association with TN. I found it by looking through the following website.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed

My TN pain is a continuous ache in my mandible, with a more intense pain in my gums. Regarding my soft palate; I feel a burning in my soft palate that will progress to the feeling of being jabbed with an ice pick. The burning sometimes extends up into the lower portion of my sinuses except the burning is more intense then - kind of like what you might feel if you inhale food the wrong way and get some in your sinuses.