Clear MRI

What is the next step after receiving the news that your MRI is clear? Of course I am thankful that it didn’t show any tumors or MS. My follow up visit with my Doctor is in two weeks. My face and head still hurt on a daily basis, the meds are definitely working.

Hi Tonya,

Glad your MRI was clear! :slight_smile:

The next step is pretty much finding a therapeutic dose with your med(s).

Some neurologists will want you to wean off the med if you have been pain free for a certain amount of time as remissions can occur.

But truly the most important thing is finding constant relief from the pain.

Make sure you have a plan in place with instructions from your doctor on how to Increase your med should your pain get worse. This way you don’t have to wait days to get in to see your doctor while being in pain. Always good to have a plan in place.

(( hugs )) Mimi

Thank you Mimi. I appreciate your advise. This condition is unreal.

I can't help you, only relate. Since my recent MRI (not made 3-D, even though I asked) showed no occlusion (this is post MVD 2009) and I had ALL the symptoms of geniculate neuralgia, my "fill-in", "no insurance dr" told me to go to a pain clinic..and I'm not even on narcotics! If I could afford a pain clinic I'd get another opinion now! If I get SSD, I will get another opinion, but he made me feel like my pain was all make believe.

I left feeling very depressed, no validation and hugely in debt.