A Post Breakup Letter to Medication

Dear Medication,

I'm sorry if I did anything to upset you. I want you to know that I really like you. I appreciate everything that you do for me. I just don't understand why you are hurting me like this? Tegretol - you gave me such terrible hives, I had to stop taking you. But you helped me so much, I didn't want to move on. Reluctantly I did. I made a new friend, Baclofen. I took a week off between the two of you, to make sure the hives were out of my system. And then I started you Baclofen. But then the intense itching and burning all over my body started. Why? I liked you too! Well, I had breakthrough pain, but you had so much potential!

Oh medications. I want you to work with me! I really do. I've decided to deny you are doing this to me. I have set up an appointment with an allergist. Maybe something else in my life is playing tricks on me. I'm not going to give up hope on you yet medications. The truth is, I love you! I really do. I don't want a scalpel to my head, a needle in my cheek, or radiation. I want you, and only you. Come back to me medicine. I think we can really be good together.

Love Always,

LGHiker

I am so sorry. I can understand wanting medication to work! I hope the allergy docs can help you out.

There is hope! My Allergist says I am probably having hives due to stress/anxiety due to having to leave work bcs of TN. He says the timing of my hives isn't consistent with an allergic reaction. We are going to test tegretol in an "allergy challenge" in his office. Wouldn't it be amazing if I could go back on it?!?! YAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAY!!!!!

has anyone heard of (or had any success with) “Neuropathy Support Formula”…an over the counter Vitamin B/herbal supplement? I’m wondering if it’s worth a shot…?

very creative post!!! I think a lot of folks can relate.